Learning Nagios, 3rd Edition
About This Book
- Packed with tips, tricks and illustrations, the book will explain the configuration and monitoring concepts in a simplified manner
- Experience the scalability and flexibility of Nagios in a very practical and easy-to-understand approach.
- Unleash the power of Nagios Core and Nagios XI 5 to monitor and secure your infrastructure with ease.
Who This Book Is For
This book is targeted at System Administrators, both, who have no prior knowledge of Nagios as well as readers experienced with it. It not only covers the basics of Nagios but also the advanced features.
What You Will Learn
- Set up and use the built-in Nagios web interface
- Upskill the additional interfaces available for Nagios to monitor your IT infrastructure
- Learn how to perform various checks using both, Nagios standard plugins and third-party plugins
- Explore the working of notifications and events in Nagios
- Familiarize yourself with SNMP and use it for monitoring devices such as routers, switches, modems and printers
- Discover how can be Nagios can be customized and tailored to your needs
- Get to know more about the entreprise version of Nagios, Nagios XI