ManageEngine Desktop Central 10
ManageEngine Desktop Central is a unified endpoint management solution that helps in managing servers, laptops, desktops, smartphones, and tablets from a central location.
Desktop Central automate your regular desktop management routines like installing patches, distributing software, imaging and deploying OS, managing your IT Assets, managing software licenses, monitoring software usage statistics, managing USB device usage, taking control of remote desktops, and more. It supports managing Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems.
Manage your mobile devices to deploy profiles and policies, configure devices for Wifi, VPN, Email accounts, etc., apply restrictions on using camera, browser, etc., and to secure your devices like enabling passcode, remote lock/wipe, etc.Manage all your iOS, Android and Windows smartphones and tablets.
Automate patch deployment related to OS and other third party applications and shield Windows and Mac from security threats.
- Hosted Patch Database at ManageEngine site to assess the vulnerability status of the network
- Completely automated Patch Management Solution for both physical and virtual assets.
- Solution from detecting the missing patches/hotfix to deploying the patches
- Patch based deployment – Deploy a patch to all the systems applicable
- System based patch deployment – Deploy all the missing patches and hotfixes for a system
- Provision to test and approve patches prior to bulk deployment
- Automatic handling of patch interdependencies and patch sequencing
- Exhaustive reports on system vulnerabilities, patches, OS, etc.
- Periodic updates on the patch deployment status.
- Support for both Microsoft and Non-Microsoft Patches.
- Support for anti-virus definition updates for Microsoft Forefront Client Security software.
Simplify software distribution to install and uninstall software with built-in templates for package creation.
- Create a repository of packages. This enables administrators to re-use packages any number of times to install or uninstall the software applications
- Deploy both MSI and EXE-based software applications
- Use the set of predefined templates to deploy software applications
- Perform pre-deployment activities for software installation/ uninstallation
- Install software applications as a specific user using the Run As option
- Copy the installables to computers before installing software applications
- Schedule deployment of software applications
- Uninstall MSI and EXE-based software applications
Troubleshoot remote desktops with multi-user collaboration, file transfer, video recording, and more.
- Supports locking of user's keyboard and mouse during remote session.
- Ability to blacken out user's screen during remote troubleshooting.
- Shortcuts provided for 'Ctrl+Alt+Del' and 'Alt+Tab' command.
- Ability to remotely transfer files across machines.
- Quick access to control panel, command prompt, power options, disk cleanup, etc.
- Usage of 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption protocols during remote control operations.
- Multi-monitor support with easy switching options.
- HIPAA and PCI compliant.
- Integrated text chat as well as voice and video call to improve collaboration.
- Control users by shadowing their session.
- Configurable screen resolution to fit the screen size.
- Multi-browser support.
Manage your IT assets, Software Metering, Software License Management, Prohibited Software, and more.
- Perceive audit ready hardware and software inventory details.
- Schedule scanning of systems to collect inventory data.
- Manage software licenses, category, and compliance.
- Detect, block, and auto-uninstall prohibited software in the network.
- Look at software usage statistics.
- Automate alerts on specific events such as installation or uninstallation of new software, removal of hardware, etc.
- Over two dozen out-of-the-box reports and the ability to create custom reports across different formats.
25+ pre-defined configurations including Power Management, USB Device Management, Security Policies, and so on. Over 30 predefined configurations helps administrators manage windows applications, system settings, desktop settings, and security policies. These are extremely helpful in baselining systems and targets can be selected at user or system level. A group of configurations can also be applied together using the collection feature. The selected settings comes into action either during user logon or computer startup (depending on the type of configuration applied) to minimise the loss of productivity. Status of the applied configurations can also be tracked anytime.
Service Pack Installation
Scan and detect missing service packs of OS and Applications and automate deployment to stay up-to-date.
Desktop Central, in addition to Windows Patch Management, also supports installation of Service Packs (SP) for Windows Operating systems (XP, Vista, 2003, Windows 7, Windows 8 etc.) and Applications. The Service Pack installation can be effected on multiple systems simultaneously, thus saving time and effort. You can scan your network to identify the computers in which Service Packs are missing and deploy them appropriately.
Deploying Service Packs (SP) using Desktop Central is a four step process: Scan and identify the missing Service Packs, Download the required service packs, define, and deploy the configuration. As a first step, you can scan your network for the missing service packs, then the missing service packs are downloaded and stored locally, which can be installed on to the systems. A configuration once defined can be used any number of times to deploy service packs to any number of systems. The status of the service pack deployment is made available in the reports for later verification.
Active Directory Reports
100 + out-of-the-box reports provides a quick and complete insight of the Active Directory infrastructure.
Provides the list of available users in that domain with its creation time, contact information, last login time, etc. Desktop Central provides the following out-of-the-box user reports:
- All User Accounts
- Recently Created User Accounts
- Recently Modified User Accounts
- User Accounts without Logon Scripts
- User Accounts in Multiple Groups
- User Accounts that Never Expires
- Active User Accounts
- Inactive User Accounts
- Disabled User Accounts
- Expired User Accounts
- Soon-to-Expire User Passwords
- Password Expired User Accounts
- Password Never Expiring Users
- User Accounts Password that cannot be Changed
- Domain Admin User Accounts
- User Accounts with Dial-in Permissions
- Unused User Accounts
- Recently Logged On User Accounts
- Last Logon Failed User Accounts
Define roles with selective privilege and delegate users to these roles for effective management.
You can tailor-make any number of roles in Desktop Central and give them permissions of your choice based on your personalized needs. These roles can then be associated with Desktop Central Users. There are also a set of pre-defined roles that you can readily use:
- Administrator – The Administrator role signifies the Super Admin who exercises full control, on all modules
- Guest – The Guest Role retains the Read Only permission to all modules.
- Technician – The Technician Role has a well defined set of permissions to do specific operations. Users under the Technician role are restricted from performing all the operations listed under the Admin tab.
- Auditor – The Auditor role is specially crafted for Auditing Purposes. This role will help you grant permissions to auditors view the details of software inventory, check for license compliance, etc.
- Remote Desktop Viewer – The Remote Desktop Viewer Role will allow the users associated with it to Invoke a Remote desktop connection and view details of users who had connected to a particular system.
- IT Asset Manager – The IT Asset Manager has complete access to the Asset Management module and all the other features are inaccessible.
- Patch Manager – The Patch Manager role has complete access to the Patch Management module and all the other modules/features are inaccessible.
- Mobile Device Manager – The Mobile Device Manager has complete access to the MDM module and all the other modules/features are inaccessible.
- Remote Desktop Viewer – Remote Desktop Viewer is given with the complete privilege to Invoke a Remote desktop connection and view details of users who had connected to a particular computer.