PaperCut NG – Print control software
Track who’s printing what
See how many pages are being printed by who, what and when.
Change user behavior
Encourage duplex, discourage email printing and be friendly to the environment.
PaperCut NG is a comprehensive print management system designed to seamlessly monitor and control your resources with easy to use administrative and user tools that can be securely accessed from anywhere on the network though a web browser.
Print management requirements vary from organization to organization, and often change dramatically within an organization over time. PaperCut NG is designed for flexibility and scalability and can be configured to meet your print management needs now and in the future. It is used in a wide variety of environments ranging from universities with large printer fleets supporting over 100,000 users to smaller organizations that track printing for a fewer than 50 users on 3 or 4 printers. You can implement a basic system within a few minutes, or if you need more than simple monitoring and reporting, you can configure powerful features that include differential pricing, blocking filters and programmatic control via APIs and scripting. No matter where you start, you can easily adjust parameters to implement changes as gradually or quickly as you want.
Possible implementations can include:
- Silent activity monitoring
- Visible activity monitoring and expense tracking by work area, projects and departments
- Quota/allowance enforcement
- Charge per-print system
- Combinations of all of the above to accommodate various user / group profiles
In addition PaperCut NG provides SysAdmins with a kit of tools to manage printers including:
- Detailed logging and reporting
- Notifications for printer errors and low toner
- Job blocking filters and re-direction
Some of the key benefits of PaperCut NG are:
- Transfers accountability to users or departments by individually tracking activity.
- Creates environmental awareness by drawing users’ attention to the impact of their specific usage.
- Reduces overall printing cost through job filtering, enforcing flexible quotas, or direct cost recovery.
- Discourages overuse of IT resources by establishing a managed print environment.
- Improves efficiency by allowing administrators to create rules that can steer printing to designated printers for load balancing, to implement Find-Me printing, or to redirect print jobs based on criteria defined using advanced scripting tools.
- Improves network reliability by implementing rules to prevent printer queue jams, queue hogging, and inappropriate printing types.
- Protect intellectual property and conform to audit objectives by enabling features such as print auditing and digital signatures.