Vmware vRealize Log Insight
VMware vRealize Log Insight delivers the best real-time and archive log management, especially for VMware environments. Machine learning-based Intelligent Grouping and high-performance search enables faster troubleshooting across physical, virtual, and cloud environments. VMware vRealize Log Insight can analyze terabytes of logs, discover structure in unstructured data, and deliver enterprise-wide visibility using a modern web interface.
For more information, see the vRealize Log Insight product documentation at https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Log-Insight/index.html.
For more information about the following release notes topics, see the following sections of the vRealize Log Insight 7.0 release notes:
- Internationalization Support
- Release 4.7.1 includes changes introduced in release 4.7. Consult the What's New section of VMware vRealize Log Insight 4.7 Release Notes for information about release 4.7.
- Release 4.7.1 includes fixes to address potential security issues for configuration modification done with admin privileges.
Upgrading from a Previous Version of vRealize Log Insight
Keep in mind the following considerations when upgrading to this version of vRealize Log Insight.
You can upgrade to 4.7.1 directly from a Vmware vRealize Log Insight 4.6.x release or from release 4.7. If you are running an earlier version of vRealize Log Insight, you must first incrementally upgrade your installation to a minimum of release 4.6.
Important Upgrade Notes
- To upgrade to Vmware vRealize Log Insight 4.7.1, you must be running a vRealize Log Insight 4.6.x release or 4.7.
- When performing a manual upgrade, you must upgrade workers one at a time. Upgrading more than one worker at the same time causes an upgrade failure. When you upgrade the master node to vRealize Log Insight 4.7.1, a rolling upgrade occurs unless specifically disabled.
- Upgrading must be done from the master node's FQDN. Upgrading with the Integrated Load Balancer IP address is not supported.
- vRealize Log Insight does not support two-node clusters. Add a third vRealize Log Insight node of the same version as the existing two nodes before performing an upgrade.
- If the vRealize Log Insight upgrade (.pak file) has a new JRE version, then the user-installed certificates in a vRealize Log Insight setup (such as for event forwarding) become invisible after upgrade.